This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gfortran] PR libfortran/21376
- From: FX Coudert <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- To: Tobias Schlüter<tobias dot schlueter at physik dot uni-muenchen dot de>
- Cc: gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 08:29:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: [gfortran] PR libfortran/21376
- References: <4290D077.email@example.com> <4291128F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
How about this slightly simpler patch which collects all the special cases in
one place. Bubblestrapped and tested, OK for 4.0 and mainline?
I already committed the patch Steve approved. Of course, that doesn't
mean we can do something better!
! if (value == 0 || (value < 100 && value > 0.01))
edigits = 2;
! edigits = 1 + (int) log10 (fabs (log10 (value)));
No, the limits are not 100 and 0.01. They are 10^100 10^-100. And, I
don't know why, but I don't like float comparisons with such high values ;-)