This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [ARM] Fix unaligned accessed generated when using -mthumb-mtpcs-frame
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: Khem Raj <kraj at mvista dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 17:13:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ARM] Fix unaligned accessed generated when using -mthumb-mtpcs-frame
- References: <428F935B.email@example.com>
On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 21:00, Khem Raj wrote:
> This patch was hinted by Daniel Jacobowitz offline.
> The following patch fixes the unaligned stores generated when using
> -mthumb -mtpcs-frame options for compiling.
> The register mask of the register to be stored should have been
> multiplied by 4 for generating correct offsets. This only
> happens when the above mentioned options are used i.e when thumb
> backtracking is on.
> Tested arm-none-eabi on arm-sim/-mthumb/-mtpcs-frame there were mass
> failures without this patch. The test results are far better with the patch.
This should be UNITS_PER_WORD rather than '4'. Otherwise OK.