This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Fix ICE related to ADDR_EXPR forward propagation
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 07:12:45 -0400
- Subject: Re: RFA: Fix ICE related to ADDR_EXPR forward propagation
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 07:23 +0100, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> Mainline currently segfaults while trying to build newlib's hash.c.
> The problem seems to be caused by the recent patch to forward-propagate
> ADDR_EXPRs. The idea of those changes is to replace:
> t1 = &thing
> t2 = index * scale
> t3 = (ptr_type) t2
> result = t1 + t3
> result = &thing[index]
> I'm not exactly 100%
> confident this will be accepted as the right fix though. ;)
You want to call recompute_tree_invariant_for_addr_expr on the ADDR_EXPR
after the operands are replaced.
It'll do what it says (recompute the invariant flag, etc, as