This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] PR21332
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>,Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>,Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 00:52:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] PR21332
- References: <email@example.com>
> + The proper fix is to use symbolic -INF and +INF values instead of the
> + TYPE_MIN_VALUE and TYPE_MAX_VALUE. Until then, when we have min and
> + max values that have overflowed, we must assume the range is VARYING.
I don't think this statement is entirely accurate. When compiling with -fwrapv
we have to force the result to VARYING anyway.