This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: My evil plans for the next few weekends
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: Gcc Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 10:22:18 -0700
- Subject: Re: My evil plans for the next few weekends
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Daniel Berlin <email@example.com> writes:
> While my weekdays are booked with real stuff (structure aliasing,
> array_ref/mem_ref, dependence, blah blah blah), the next couple weekends
> i have plans to try to do some serious tree seperation.
> My current evil plan is to try to seperate the really distinct _DECL
> nodes into distinct DECL trees, sharing only the minimum they need to be
> DECL's (UID, etc).
> This is probably going to hurt, and will require things like using
> FIELD_DECL_<blah> macros for FIELD_DECL's, TYPE_DECL_<blah> macros for
> TYPE_DECL's, etc, instead of using DECL_<blah> on both for some fields.
For the record, I support this plan, including the more specific
accessor macro names.