This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] AVR: Solve missed optimization problem due to "double-set" problem for divmod4 patterns.
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Björn Haase <bjoern dot m dot haase at web dot de>
- Cc: Denis Chertykov <denisc at overta dot ru>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Andy Hutchinson <HutchinsonAndy at netscape dot net>, marekm at amelek dot gda dot pl
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 20:05:04 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] AVR: Solve missed optimization problem due to "double-set" problem for divmod4 patterns.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 10:54:52AM +0200, Björn Haase wrote:
> Presently, GCC does not identify that in a sequence like
> int z,n,d,m;
> foo (void)
> m = z % n;
> d = z / n;
> it is not necessary to call the divmodhi4 subroutine twice.
Why doesn't this work on arv when it does on x86? You should
figure that out, and not use these dummy announce patterns.