This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Hard-link to in-tree tools
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, neroden at twcny dot rr dot com
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 14:07:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Hard-link to in-tree tools
- References: <4288D0D6.email@example.com>
Note that some platforms cannot hard link, and will use "cp" instead
(windows and dos builds support soft links but not hard links). That
will break a build with your change, since the file may not exist when
you try to link it, and even if it did, there are no dependencies to
update the binary when it's original is rebuilt.
If it were done instead with Makefile rules, instead of configure.ac,
it would probably be safe.