This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Limit reload creativity on load 1 into xmm register
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:00:22 -0700
- Subject: Re: Limit reload creativity on load 1 into xmm register
- References: <20050513215448.GE12545@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 11:54:48PM +0200, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> While fixing the constraints I also noticed one missing #rf in movsf_1
> so fixed it one the way.
I'm largely convinced that these # constraints *are* the bug that you're
trying to work around. When I was re-doing the SSE stuff a couple of
months ago, I got better results by removing them.
I don't see how adding "!", meaning "last resort", is appropriate.