This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] RS6000 : Fix insvsi_internal1
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Devang Patel <dpatel at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 16:21:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] RS6000 : Fix insvsi_internal1
BTW, I think the testcase is slightly incorrect.
if (a.xy != (SINT16) (0xffff << 2))
if (a.xy != ((SINT16) 0xffff << 2))
The result is the same for the test, but to be equivalent to the earlier
computation, you should be shifting a signed short constant, not casting
the shifted value to signed short.