This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Do pointer comparison first in operand_equal_p
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 09:17:31 -0600
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Do pointer comparison first in operand_equal_p
- References: <20050513150042.GA20541@topo.toronto.redhat.com>
- Reply-to: law at redhat dot com
On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 11:00 -0400, Diego Novillo wrote:
> This patch implements what I asked in
> The time savings are negligible but measurable in the tree passes
> (saves about 1% of compile time in the tree optimizers).
> Bootstrapped and tested x86, x86_64, ia64 and ppc64.
> Jeff had some doubts about the approach. Roger, what do you
> think? Any reason why this would be unsafe in general?
> Thanks. Diego.
> * fold-const.c (operand_equal_p): Do pointer comparison first
> for operands with no side effects.
I think it's OK.