This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Vector return on ARM
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 20:19:38 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Vector return on ARM
- References: <42829F8D.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On May 11, 2005, at 8:13 PM, Julian Brown wrote:
This patch corrects returning vectors from functions on ARM, both with
the classic APCS and the new AAPCS. Vectors of word-size or less are
returned in r0, and larger vectors are returned in memory. Previously,
vector values were always returned in registers, which sometimes
caused wrong code (on arm-none-elf) and sometimes ICEd on both
arm-none-elf and arm-none-eabi.
This is the same as the patch which Josh Conner posted?