This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [3.4 PATCH] Fix incorrect loop iteration count
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 10:07:27 -0700
- Subject: Re: [3.4 PATCH] Fix incorrect loop iteration count
- References: <200505111701.j4BH1nfR012202@53v30g15.boeblingen.de.ibm.com>
Ulrich Weigand wrote:
Roger Sayle wrote:
This is OK technically, but you'll need Mark's approval at this stage
on the gcc-3_4-branch. Do you know whether this is a regression from
a previous release or just a wrong-code bug?
Previous 3.4 and 3.3 releases had the same bug; so I guess at this
point it wouldn't be appropriate for 3.4.4. But I still think it
would be good to fix the problem for 3.4.5, seeing as it is a wrong-
code bug with a pretty much non-risky fix ...
Mark, what do you say?
Not for 3.4.4. For 3.4.5, if it's a regression from *some* previous
release, then yes; otherwise, no.