This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [3.4 PATCH] Fix incorrect loop iteration count
- From: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: roger at eyesopen dot com (Roger Sayle)
- Cc: uweigand at de dot ibm dot com (Ulrich Weigand), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, mark at codesourcery dot com (Mark Mitchell)
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 19:01:49 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [3.4 PATCH] Fix incorrect loop iteration count
Roger Sayle wrote:
> This is OK technically, but you'll need Mark's approval at this stage
> on the gcc-3_4-branch. Do you know whether this is a regression from
> a previous release or just a wrong-code bug?
Previous 3.4 and 3.3 releases had the same bug; so I guess at this
point it wouldn't be appropriate for 3.4.4. But I still think it
would be good to fix the problem for 3.4.5, seeing as it is a wrong-
code bug with a pretty much non-risky fix ...
Mark, what do you say?
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
Linux on zSeries Development