This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch for 3.4.4. Infinite memory allocation on -O3 (PR #18081).
- From: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com (Mark Mitchell)
- Cc: gtolstolytkin at ru dot mvista dot com (Grigory Tolstolytkin), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 03:17:44 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: Patch for 3.4.4. Infinite memory allocation on -O3 (PR #18081).
Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Grigory Tolstolytkin wrote:
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=18081
> > The patch was verified with the latest 3.4.4 build (20050506) for
> > arm-unknown-linux-gnu and i686-unknown-linux-gnu. It works fine it both
> > cases.
> I applied this patch to the 3.4 branch.
This causes two regressions on s390x-ibm-linux:
FAIL: 23_containers/multiset/invalidation/2.cc execution test
FAIL: 23_containers/set/invalidation/2.cc execution test
The testcases crash at run time due to apparent wrong code generation.
The generated assembler with and without the patch differs significantly;
I haven't yet managed to pin down the particular bug. I'll continue
analysing this tomorrow ...
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
Linux on zSeries Development