This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: fix gcc/20371
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Joern RENNECKE <joern dot rennecke at st dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 15:24:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFA: fix gcc/20371
- References: <4279430C.email@example.com>
On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 10:47:56PM +0100, Joern RENNECKE wrote:
> Regression testing has revealed that there were actually more flaws
> in the MS bitfield code, and even some in the general struct layout
> code. E.g. for this code:
> struct foo
> char c __attribute__((aligned (128)));
> char a;
> gcc warns:
> pad.c:3: warning: padding struct to align âcâ
> The appended patch fixes all the problems I have found there.
It looks generally ok. I wish someone who knew about and/or cared
about ms bitfield issues would double-check it. But if you can't
find such an individual, it's fine by me.