This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] Per-directory libjava builds
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: Giovanni Bajo <rasky at develer dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:55:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Per-directory libjava builds
- References: <4280829A.email@example.com> <02b001c55563$1428f940$bf03030a@trilan>
I have not measured it, but I have successfully built libjava with a 128
What about memory peak usage during build?
This patch builds libjava one directory at a time rather than one file
at a time. It improves build times by 20-30% on average;
atelier:~ bonzinip$ ulimit -d -m -v -H
data seg size (kbytes, -d) 131072
max memory size (kbytes, -m) 131072
virtual memory (kbytes, -v) 131072
Also, the biggest .o that I build is javax.swing (3 MB). Even without
my patch, some .o files are built that include multiple classes: one of
them, gnu-xml.o, is bigger than this (3.7 MB).