This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH]: Separate target and host config files
- From: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:12:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH]: Separate target and host config files
- References: <email@example.com>
Richard Earnshaw wrote:
Breaks bootstrap on arm-netbsdelf2 and building any arm-elf style
cross. The problem is the removal of IN_LIBGCC when compiling
crtstuff.c, but I can't see any explanation why you wanted to do that.
On ARM that macro is needed to get a suitable static declaration of the
CTOR macros that can be used in an ASM statement.
I grepped for its use and couldn't find any. Grepping today, I see
that I can, which is strange. I shall revert that piece of patch.
Nathan Sidwell :: http://www.codesourcery.com :: CodeSourcery LLC
firstname.lastname@example.org :: http://www.planetfall.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk