This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] make data dependence analyzer more strict
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Sebastian Pop <sebastian dot pop at cri dot ensmp dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 08:40:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] make data dependence analyzer more strict
- References: <20050509093155.GA7153@napoca.cri.ensmp.fr>
On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 11:31 +0200, Sebastian Pop wrote:
> Here are some changes that Daniel and Zdenek have asked for:
> * tree-data-ref.c (find_data_references_in_loop): Give up when
> the body of the loop contains a CALL_EXPR or an ASM_EXPR: they
> may embed arbitrary side effects.
My only comment is that your code should check call_expr_flags (call) &
(ECF_PURE | ECF_CONST)
> Remove the assumption that GIMPLE form contains a single array
> access per statement.
> When the statement contains virtual operands, fail if it is not
> a MODIFY_EXPR.