This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [rfc] multi-word subreg lowering pass
- From: BjÃrn Haase <bjoern dot m dot haase at web dot de>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 20:51:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: [rfc] multi-word subreg lowering pass
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050507033326.GC23300@redhat.com>
I think that your patch indeed could be very helpful for the avr port :-)!
However, I am facing a couple of difficulties with getting it running. Main
problem is that I am not succeding to compile libgcc with your patch: I am
constantly getting segmentation faults.
I have tried to figure out the origin of them. Unfortunately the segmentation
fault causes a crahs of both gdb and gcc. I presently have no clue to find
out at which place the illegal memory access actually happens.
When using a "precompiled" libgcc, however, I have already seen quite good
code for a couple of situations.
Meanwhile, I'd be thankful for any hint on a method for finding out the origin
of the segmentation fault.