This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] config.gcc: Obsolete c4x.
- From: Ralf Corsepius <ralf dot corsepius at rtems dot org>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Joel Sherrill <joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com>, Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, m dot hayes at elec dot canterbury dot ac dot nz, Svein Seldal <Svein at dev dot seldal dot com>
- Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 16:08:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch] config.gcc: Obsolete c4x.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <42702A83.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <42777BC9.2050909@OARcorp.com> <42779E87.email@example.com>
On Tue, 2005-05-03 at 08:53 -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com> wrote:
> > The sad relatity is that there is not an active maintainer for the c4x
> > but at the same time, this target got obsoleted too late in the release
> > process for what is really a regression from 3.4.x to 4.x which no one
> > wanted to fix.
> I will also certainly say that if there is consensus that we should
> resurrect this port, then we should do so. I'm not stubbornly about
> killing it. A possible compromise would be to bring it back on the 4.0
> branch only, and see if anyone fixes it before 4.1.
Sounds like a reasonable (may-be temporary) compromise to me, esp.
because the c4x had been in 4.0.0, removing it for 4.0.1 doesn't make
much sense to me.