This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fix target lib rebuilding
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- Cc: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org Patches" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 03 May 2005 20:13:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: fix target lib rebuilding
- References: <E45EE072-1961-44A5-AA51-CF184065EAE2@apple.com><firstname.lastname@example.org><20050503200706.GA5918@nevyn.them.org>
Daniel Jacobowitz <email@example.com> writes:
> Aha! Thanks for clearing that up, Alexandre. I still don't see how it
> happens (courtesy of .NOEXPORT), but I'll take your word for it.
By the way, you keep mentioning .NOEXPORT. Although you still see
that in Makefiles quite a bit, it no longer has any effect on GNU
make. GNU make no longer exports variables by default. You can use
the special target .EXPORT_ALL_VARIABLES to get the old behaviour.