This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Add Ada tasking support for hppa-unknown-linux-gnu (take 2)
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: charlet at adacore dot com (Arnaud Charlet)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, laurent at guerby dot net
- Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 11:45:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [patch] Add Ada tasking support for hppa-unknown-linux-gnu (take 2)
> > One of the reasons that I changed the definition is the PA is big
> > endian. So, the bit masks won't work using bytes unless this is
> > taken into account.
> The sigset_t type is private on the Ada side, so there cannot be
> bit masks done, this type is only used through function calls to C.
Then the details of the Ada definition don't matter as long as the
size and alignment are correct. Although a 64-bit hppa-linux runtime
doesn't exist yet, we are still stuck with the unsigned long int
type for the __val field. The alignment requirement for longs has
to be different in the 32 and 64-bit runtimes because of the strict
alignment requirements of the parisc architecture.
Thus, I would prefer to leave the Ada define as is.
J. David Anglin email@example.com
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)