This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fw: [PATCH] ipa aliasing analysis
- From: Olga Golovanevsky <OLGA at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at us dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>, dnovillo at redhat dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, jh at suse dot cz, Razya Ladelsky <RAZYA at il dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 18:29:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: Fw: [PATCH] ipa aliasing analysis
Daniel Berlin <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote on 02/05/2005 16:18:21:
> > In tree-ssa-alias.c, add_pointed_to_expr sets the SSA_NAMEs for x
> > and y to points-to-anything immediately the first time it sees them.
> > I don't see how you could explain to it that x and y may point to
> > anything but not to each other.
> > The tree AA guru's are Diego and Dan, maybe they have ideas...
> For this situation, TPO uses anti-aliasing sets and an anti-alias oracle.
> This would be the equivalent of interfacing into may_alias_p and telling
> it p and q can't may alias.
Thanks a lot, I'll look at it.