This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Use .init_array, .fini_array sections for ARM EABI(broke -target=avr)
- From: Paul Schlie <schlie at comcast dot net>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>,"Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>,Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>,Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>,GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 13:47:57 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Use .init_array, .fini_array sections for ARM EABI(broke -target=avr)
> From: Mark Mitchell <email@example.com>
> I believe this patch will fix the problem. The key mistake was that we
> were failing to check HAS_INIT_SECTION in deciding whether or not to
> call __main. I think that when I wrote the original version of this
> patch I mistakenly believed that HAS_INIT_SECTION would be defined iff
> INIT_SECTION_ASM_OP was defined; that is not true.
> I have tested this patch by looking at the assembly output from
> compiling a file that defines "main" on hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.23, and am
> running a full bootstrap/test on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu; I will check
> in once that finishes.
It fixed the avr port (thanks).