This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Fix 21166
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2005 20:54:32 -0700
- Subject: Re: Fix 21166
- References: <4270A58A.email@example.com> <20050428224019.GC6294@redhat.com> <42721B5C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050429191025.GB9936@redhat.com> <4273AF72.email@example.com>
On Sat, Apr 30, 2005 at 05:16:50PM +0100, Nathan Sidwell wrote:
> >This structure has alignment based on 'y'. We can, without changing
> >the meaning of the program, boost the alignment of 'x' back from 1 to
> >that of 'y' (taking into account the offset of x, 0 in this case).
> Agreed. We don't do that right now, do we?
> If we did, do you agree that
> DECL_PACKED (S::x) would then be cleared?
> How does the case in 21166 differ from that case? I don't think it
> ok with that change? I'll figure out a test case to make sure
> we DTRT with packed,aligned(1).
Gimme a new patch with exactly what you have in mind and I'll
try to poke holes in it.