This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR/17383: fix gcc in-srcdir build (take 2)
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, dj at delorie dot com
- Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 17:56:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: PR/17383: fix gcc in-srcdir build (take 2)
- References: <20050226193558.GA5098@twcny.rr.com>
However, it *will* be somewhat confusing for developers that the location
of the build has moved; please post an announcement to firstname.lastname@example.org if
this goes in, explaining the new presence of host-i686-pc-linux-gnu, etc.
I'll do that, but consider that it only happens for in-srcdir builds.
Out-of-srcdir does not need that (and neither do binutils or gdb).