This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR/17383: fix gcc in-srcdir build (take 2)
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com
- Cc: neroden at twcny dot rr dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:22:14 -0500
- Subject: Re: PR/17383: fix gcc in-srcdir build (take 2)
- References: <20050226193558.GA5098@twcny.rr.com> <email@example.com>
> So, I'd approve this change if it wasn't for DJ's objection.
I object to ./configure not building in $srcdir on principle. I
didn't say I objected to this patch specifically, but I didn't feel it
would be fair for me to review it with my bias. Also, since there
seems to be little reward for maintaining build-in-srcdir, I feel my
arguments for keeping that are weak.
So at this point, I'm rather ambivalent about whether it's changed or
not, so I abstained.