This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [4.0 PATCH] Disable Tree-SRA for the Ada compiler
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: ebotcazou at adacore dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 26 Feb 05 09:19:01 EST
- Subject: Re: [4.0 PATCH] Disable Tree-SRA for the Ada compiler
But, as far as I can tell, it will introduce a brand new class of bugs
too, at the interfaces between types and subtypes. See PR ada/18819.
More details on your comment #5 will help a lot! Indeed that bug was one
of the next ones I was going to investigate.
SRA is a pretty straightforward pass (and one of the few tree passes I
understand well), so it shouldn't be hard to fix whatever is going wrong.
On the 4.0 branch, sure. But since it will not be disabled on
mainline, I don't really see the problem.
I do. I'd rather fix the bugs. So far I haven't seen any evidence presented
at all that there's a large class of bugs here. I'd certainly be willing
to change my mind if such evidence were presented.