This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch proposal for PR 19678
- From: Tobias SchlÃter <tobias dot schlueter at physik dot uni-muenchen dot de>
- To: FranÃois-Xavier Coudert <Francois-Xavier dot Coudert at lcp dot u-psud dot fr>
- Cc: gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:00:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: Patch proposal for PR 19678
- References: <421DD9EF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
FranÃois-Xavier Coudert wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'd like to submit a simple patch fixing PR 19678 (DOS files don't work for
> list directed input). It is just a matter of adding support for DOS
> end-of-line in libgfortran/io/list_read.c. The patch I submit here fixes the
> issue reported in the PR, as well as a few others I could imagine. *strapped
> and regtested on i686-linux.
Doesn't this patch mean that DOS line breaks ('\n\r') will be interpreted as
> PS: I don't know if the way I propose patches is appropriate (diff format,
> eg). If not, any pointer on GCC patch-submitting policies is welcome!
'diff -up' or 'diff -c3p' (whichever ever is easier to read) are the preferred
formats, for more detailed instructions see
> 2005-02-24 FranÃois-Xavier Coudert <email@example.com>
> PR libfortran/19678
> * list_read.c: Add support for DOS files
This level of detail is insufficient. See
<http://gcc.gnu.org/codingconventions.html> for a detailed description of what
a ChangeLog should look like. Basically, you must list all changed functions,
and the changes therein.