This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR19917: Calls to weak functions may trap
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 10:50:55 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR19917: Calls to weak functions may trap
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 02:40:02PM -0700, Roger Sayle wrote:
> * tree-eh.c (tree_could_trap_p): Consider calls to weak functions
> to be potentially trapping.
This is ok.
It's the best we can do without a method to say "conditionally
non-trapping", that is "won't trap, but only because it's shadowed
by a test, or another related trap". At some point we should come
up with a good way to represent this so that we can eliminate a lot
of eh edges in java.