This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ping Zdenek's patch for 17428
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: Nathanael Nerode <neroden at twcny dot rr dot com>, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 14:53:07 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: ping Zdenek's patch for 17428
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> With the following minor modification of the patch (the
> !REGNO_PTR_FRAME_P condition to avoid saving ebp) we get the following
> numbers of extra registers saved (on athlon and partial boostrap of
> 32958 times 0
> 26 times 1
> 21 times 2
> 24 times 3
This is OK for mainline, provided this revised patch (with the
REGNO_PTR_FRAME_P tweak) has been bootstrapped and regression
tested without problems.
Thanks again for doing the above investigation.