This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gfortran] Fix excess errors with missing implicit types
- From: Tobias SchlÃter <tobias dot schlueter at physik dot uni-muenchen dot de>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at novell dot com>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, patch <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:49:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: [gfortran] Fix excess errors with missing implicit types
- References: <420E1E0F.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Steven Bosscher wrote:
> On Saturday 12 February 2005 16:17, Tobias SchlÃter wrote:
>> * gfortran.h (symbol_attribute): New 'untyped' field, fix comment
> Can you make it a no_warning field? It may be useful for other purposes
Please note that this patch prevents an error from being issued several times,
not a warning. I also don't think that there are circumstances where
overloading this would be a good idea, as the kinds of errors that can arise
with symbols are quite diverse, and I can't see how it should make sense to
make them one thing. If someone finds any sensible way of reusing this bit,
they would of course be free to rename it to something else.
(I was also briefly pondering combining implicit_type and untyped into a 2-bit
bitfield, which can encode the possibilities 1. no type, 2. implitly typed, 3.
explicitly typed, but it didn't seem to have any real advantage)