This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: c99 complex multiplication and division
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:15:24 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: c99 complex multiplication and division
- References: <20050212003243.GA17760@redhat.com>
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005, Richard Henderson wrote:
> Now we must discuss when we want this new code enabled...
Enabled by default. New option -fcx-limited-range, enabled by
-ffast-math, to use naive algorithms. File bug report in Bugzilla to
record that results better avoiding undue overflow in both multiplication
and division could be achieved with logarithmic reduction once we have
appropriate built-in functions.
Joseph S. Myers http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
email@example.com (personal mail)
firstname.lastname@example.org (CodeSourcery mail)
email@example.com (Bugzilla assignments and CCs)