This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Empty vectors in RTL
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:26:34 -0800
- Subject: Re: Empty vectors in RTL
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 10:21:19PM -0500, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> I found other cases where an empty vector produces a NULL pointer and
> leads to a later crash. So I don't think it is safe to have an empty
> vector in RTL for the 'E' format.
This surprises me not at all. FYI, typically we put (const_int 0)
into the vector when we've nothing else meaningful.
> I propose this patch. OK if it passes testsuite and bootstrap?