This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[PATCH] Split simplify_unary_operation and simplify_binary_operation
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 12:04:51 +0100
- Subject: [PATCH] Split simplify_unary_operation and simplify_binary_operation
This is a very simple code cleanup patch. I was not sure whether to
submit this for 4.0 or wait for the branch, but then I thought that
having this in 4.0 may make it a bit easier to backport fixes to 4.0.
All of the simplifications that simplify_relational_operation can do and
that do not depend on the operations being constants are in a separate
What this patch does is extracting simplify_binary_operation_1 (a
whopping 800-lines function on its own!) and simplify_unary_operation_1.
Bootstrapped/regtested powerpc-apple-darwin, ok for mainline?
2005-02-10 Paolo Bonzini <email@example.com>
* simplify-rtx.c (simplify_unary_operation_1): Extract from...
(simplify_unary_operation): ... this one.
(simplify_binary_operation_1): Extract from...
(simplify_binary_operation): ... this one.