This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [wwwdocs] readings.html and a broken link
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Kazuhiro Inaoka <inaoka dot kazuhiro at renesas dot com>
- Cc: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 12:24:12 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [wwwdocs] readings.html and a broken link
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org><42084FC5.email@example.com>
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Kazuhiro Inaoka wrote:
> Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> > If vendors don't want to have links to their site, they could tell us
> > directly instead of changing URLs on an ongoing base.
> Please change the link and information.
Where website maintainers follow established good practice and keep
redirects permanently whenever pages move, you can expect us to update the
links as necessary; but not when the pages are just removed with 404s. Or
are you saying that the original URL was always wrong, rather than being
removed without a redirect?
Joseph S. Myers http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
firstname.lastname@example.org (personal mail)
email@example.com (CodeSourcery mail)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Bugzilla assignments and CCs)