This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] vectorizer: maintain location information, and ping
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Dorit Naishlos <DORIT at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Leehod Baruch <LEEHOD at il dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 14:13:39 -0800
- Subject: Re: [patch] vectorizer: maintain location information, and ping
- References: <OF9F0CE9A6.D7B6E31D-ONC2256F9A.002FE3C6-C2256F9A.email@example.com>
On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 06:12:30PM +0200, Dorit Naishlos wrote:
> (2) add verbosity levels to vectorizer dump reports and cleanups:
> ok for mainline?
I'm not thrilled about this one. With the existing patch, I'd be
much happier if we never output to stderr.
If you want to output to stderr, then you probably ought to be using
the "inform" function from toplev.h. Or, by the as-if rule. ;-)
In particular, notice what the beginning of lines output by this
routine look like, and how that differs from what you're printing.