This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH/RFC] Fix PR19402, __builtin_powi[lf]
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: Richard Guenther <rguenth at tat dot physik dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 10:45:49 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFC] Fix PR19402, __builtin_powi[lf]
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Feb 1, 2005, at 10:40 AM, Richard Guenther wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Richard Henderson wrote:
On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 02:12:51PM +0100, Richard Guenther wrote:
Any suggestions on how to do it "right" wrt libgcc? I'm sure
I got the #ifdefery wrong there and maybe the machine modes.
And for sure I don't like the name.
This is what I got now. It passes basic tests, but I'm left
with a few hunks of changes to expand_binop and emit_libcall_block
that are probably not necessary if I can avoid ICEing some other way.
Also I'm unsure wether stabilizing arguments via save_expr is
necessary for expand_builtin_powi as implemented currently.
Maybe someone can suggest something useful.
Yes folding the builtin at the tree level instead of doing it just at
expansion time (though this can come later).