This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Unreviewed^3 patch: Unresolved symbols with -gstabs
- From: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: rth at redhat dot com (Richard Henderson)
- Cc: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:18:48 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: Unreviewed^3 patch: Unresolved symbols with -gstabs
Richard Henderson wrote:
> Why would you get a CONSTANT_POOL_ADDRESS_P pointing to
> another CONSTANT_POOL_ADDRESS_P?
You'll notice the old code I copied also handles this case.
Anyway, this is a pretty normal situation on s390; it arises
whenever the address of a string constant is loaded. The
string constant itself gets a constant pool label, but since
I cannot directly load addresses outside the per-function
literal pool, that address is forced into the constant pool
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
Linux on zSeries Development