This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [JAVA PATCH] PR 19295: Support useless NOP_EXPRs in jcf-write.c
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: 24 Jan 2005 11:52:14 -0700
- Subject: Re: [JAVA PATCH] PR 19295: Support useless NOP_EXPRs in jcf-write.c
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: tromey at redhat dot com
>>>>> "Roger" == Roger Sayle <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Roger> The following patch is the first (and critical) of two patches
Roger> for resolving PR java/19295. The issue is that
Roger> generate_bytecode_insns doesn't handle the possibility of
Roger> conversions between two integer types of the same precision.
Seeing as you're fixing this in a more robust way, I'm going to
withdraw my patch for this that makes fold use the
can_use_bit_fields_p lang hook.