This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: PATCH to gimplify_modify_expr_rhs to make return slot explicit
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, "Frank Ch. Eigler" <fche at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:22:29 -0800
- Subject: Re: RFC: PATCH to gimplify_modify_expr_rhs to make return slot explicit
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050119215802.GA8831@redhat.com> <41EED96C.email@example.com>
On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 05:04:28PM -0500, Diego Novillo wrote:
> Yes, but that still leaves the mudflap problem open. pass_mudflap_1
> needs to figure out...
Ah, I thought it was pass 2 that needed this. For that perhaps we
just force the use of a temporary, let mudflap have at it, and be
done. After all, once the address gets passed to mudflap, all of
the rest of the optimizations are moot, because the variable really