This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] for PR19401
- From: Richard Guenther <rguenth at tat dot physik dot uni-tuebingen dot de>
- To: Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver at atrey dot karlin dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:53:54 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [patch] for PR19401
On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Richard Guenther wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:
> > Hello,
> > following the discussions on the gcc mailing list, there is another
> > proposal for the fix for this PR:
> > 1) Always unroll loop completely if it does not cause code growth
> > (of course this is heuristics only, so it may be possible to
> > construct examples where the code size is increased, but it should
> > not be common).
> > 2) Enables complete unrolling of all loops at -O3 and with -fpeel-loops.
> Ok, this certainly solves my problems in a way I do anyway with gcc 3.4.
And it unrolls all cases in PR19401 with just -O2 -- nice! Though
for -Os the C++ testcase is larger than for -O2, but it was before, too,
with -Os compared to -O2 -funroll-loops.
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>