This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] mudflap: remove usage of builtin_frame_address
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <Ulrich dot Weigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Krebbel1 <KREBBEL1 at de dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:50:20 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] mudflap: remove usage of builtin_frame_address
- References: <OF7BAF95D6.1B4AF2F8-ONC1256F88.000C3F66-41256F88.000CFBB1@de.ibm.com>
On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 03:22:17AM +0100, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> So what is the back end supposed to do about it?
> __builtin_frame_address (0) gets expanded to hard_frame_pointer_rtx
> by the middle end, without any callback that would allow the back
> end to intervene.
Ah, that's the bug. Should be the soft frame pointer.
And I'd been thinking of the RETURN_ADDR_RTX hook initially.