This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Remove dead #ifdef from toplev.c
- From: Tobias Schlüter <tobias dot schlueter at physik dot uni-muenchen dot de>
- To: patch <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 22:18:16 +0100
- Subject: Remove dead #ifdef from toplev.c
While investigating the use of setvbuf to speed up Fortran error printing, I
noticed this use of IO_BUFFER_SIZE. Since this is the only mention of I_B_S
in the gcc sources, this code is dead, and has been so ever since Zack removed
IO_BUFFER_SIZE with <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2001-03/msg01213.html>.
I verified that the compiler still builds, and ran the Fortran testsuite with
it with no regressions. I didn't commit this as obvious, because I wanted to
verify that I don't have to build all frontends and run the entire testsuite. Ok?
2005-01-07 Tobias Schl"uter <email@example.com>
* toplev.c (init_asm_output): Remove dead #ifdef.
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/gcc/gcc/toplev.c,v
retrieving revision 1.936
diff -u -p -r1.936 toplev.c
--- toplev.c 4 Jan 2005 23:28:00 -0000 1.936
+++ toplev.c 7 Jan 2005 20:44:33 -0000
@@ -1411,11 +1411,6 @@ init_asm_output (const char *name)
fatal_error ("can%'t open %s for writing: %m", asm_file_name);
- setvbuf (asm_out_file, xmalloc (IO_BUFFER_SIZE),
- _IOFBF, IO_BUFFER_SIZE);