This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR19100: truthvalue_conversion vs. TREE_OVERFLOW (take 3)
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: mark at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 2 Jan 05 22:39:14 EST
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR19100: truthvalue_conversion vs. TREE_OVERFLOW (take 3)
> * fold-const.c (fold_convert_const): Don't set TREE_OVERFLOW when
> converting constants from one integer type to another.
Is this OK with the Ada/Java folks? It certainly makes sense to me from
a C/C++ perspective.
It wouldn't be OK with me if it never got set, but my understanding is
that it still will, but this change just affects *where* it's set. Please
correct me if I'm wrong, Roger.