This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [3.4 PATCH] PR middle-end/19175: New RTL checking failures
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:12:21 -0700 (MST)
- Subject: Re: [3.4 PATCH] PR middle-end/19175: New RTL checking failures
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
> > I've also confirmed that this patch allows bootstrap/regression
> > testing to pass with no additional failures with a suitable asserts
> > in do_compare_rtx_and_jump (which was much faster to test than a
> > full --enable-checking cycle).
> FYI, I ran a full enable checking bootstrap and regtest, your patch
> fixes all the checking failures I saw.
Thanks. In the meantime, I've also bootstrapped and regression
tested this patch against the gcc-3.4 branch on powerpc-ibm-aix184.108.40.206
with no new failures. As the original expand_bct change on the branch
was to address an issue on PowerPC, I thought I'd confirm the patch
causes no problems on an rs6000 backend target.
Given the lack of objections, I'll commit this regression fix to the