This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR/17383: fix building in srcdir
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at delorie dot com>
- Cc: paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 09:46:55 -0800
- Subject: Re: PR/17383: fix building in srcdir
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <41D42603.email@example.com> <200412301629.iBUGTMZw032488@envy.delorie.com>
DJ Delorie wrote:
At this point, I'm inclined to say that no patches fixing
build-in-srcdir will be approved until after 4.0 branches. I *do*
want it to be supported in 4.0, but it's too fragile to test during
stage3. If, after being approved in head after the branch, it proves
stable, we can apply the patch to the 4.0 branch.
I was going to say I would approve this for 4.0, if the build
maintainers were happy with it. I guess I can still say that, but given
DJ's comments, it sounds like that approval from the build maintainers
is unlikely to be forthcoming.