This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, fortran testsuite] read_eof.f90 open file bug
- From: Thomas Koenig <Thomas dot Koenig at online dot de>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org,Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:22:44 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, fortran testsuite] read_eof.f90 open file bug
- References: <200412291610.iBTGA1D10712@makai.watson.ibm.com>
David Edelsohn wrote:
> read_eof.f90 consistently fails on AIX during nightly testsing,
> but not when run manually. Adding additional debugging statements to
> new_unit() shows that it is failing because file /dev/null already is open
> as unit 5. Unit 5 is associated with stdin and stdin is /dev/null when
> not associated with a terminal.
Stupid question: Why should opening /dev/null twice fail?
Or was this a manifestation of PR 18983 (can't write to /dev/null)?