This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: fix inline-asm/15740
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:39:29 -0800
- Subject: Re: fix inline-asm/15740
- References: <10412290238.AA29785@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 09:38:12PM -0500, Richard Kenner wrote:
> Asm (Template => "nop", Inputs => Integer'Asm_Input ("m", A));
> But it doesn't ICE, so can you explain in just slightly more detail
> what you had to change?
A, being referencable only from memory, must be marked TREE_ADDRESSABLE.
It must be done in the front end before gimplification starts, so that
we don't change a setting of TREE_ADDRESSABLE in the middle, which
results in previously correct statements no longer being correct.