This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ PATCH: PR 16405
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 14:33:16 -0800
- Subject: Re: C++ PATCH: PR 16405
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <10412252100.AB18735@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
Richard Kenner wrote:
> Are the two versions of the type type_compatible_p?
> No and they shouldn't be because that (as I understand it) is a symmetric
> relation and it wouldn't be appropriate here.
Right. So, there's no problem with my patch, because it uses that test
to determine whether the transformation is safe.
I'm confused. Don't we strip off all conversions between types that
Not before the point at which my patch runs.
If you run the debugger on the test case I provided, you'll see what